Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go...

Well, for those of you who don't know...I'm going back to work after two years+ of being a stay-at-home-mom. I've spoiled my kids rotten and I can't handle them anymore, so now it's someone else's turn! :-) So really, it's just time. I'm going back to Contract Furnishings, the same place I worked when we first moved here, over THREE YEARS AGO! Can you believe we have been here that long?! Time sure flies. So anyway, I'll be designing office spaces again, and doing some admin stuff. But I have a little softer schedule this time, working 8:30-4:30. Hopefully that gives me time to get home and get the big kids off to wherever they need to be...practice, game, concert, camp...whatever, and find time to make supper.
So Ben and Greg will be hanging out at home for the summer (maybe not for long...we'll see how they do), and Alex and Ellie will be going to a daycare center. It seems to be a really nice, fun, organized place. I'm just horrible at taking the kids outside (I bow down to the person or persons who invented climate control!), and at the daycare, they will get to go crazy on all kinds of slides and swings and climby things TWICE DAILY!!!! So excited! They seem to have a pretty good cirriculum as well, better than my school of Dora, Diego, Backyardigans, and the latest...the evil, stupid, lame, IQ-reducing Spongebob!! However, my dear friend Cathy pointed me to a GREAT show on PBS called Word World. It actually is a pretty good show, and they learn letters and sounds, etc. etc. all while being entertained. I had to go buy Alex "letters" so he can "build a word, let's build it, let's build it now...".


So anyway, I'm everything you can imagine I would be. Nervous, excited, anxious, joyful...I finally get to go to the bathroom all by myself!!! Don't have to check in with Alex before I go anywhere or do anything...but I'm sure I'll miss it at some point. My first day back is June 23rd, and I'll be just doing 1/2 days that first week, just to kind of ease into it.
Well, I'll try to keep in touch.
Pray for us...
Lisa

No comments: