Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Just Done...

So, we've spent over $2000 on my stupid mini-van to fix the A/C, and boy is it working great. However, in the last couple of weeks, we've noticed a burning oil or anti-freeze smell after turning the piece of crap off. No smoke, no leaks, no rising temp. Just a bad smell. So I take it in for an oil change today, and had to have a safety inspection (in stupid Missouri, you have to have your vehicle inspected every other year in order to renew your license plates). I also mentioned "the bad smell"...WELLLLLLL....now my van needs another at least $1000 worth of work. Most of it is regular vehicle maintenance. However, after just spending $2000 just on the A/C and a couple of other leaks, it doesn't really seem to matter that it is just regular maintenance! I'm so sick of putting money that I don't have into a piece of crap vehicle that I don't even like! And it won't pass inspection until I spend at least $400 to fix the brakes and the whole tail-light assembly thing. So now I can't renew my plates either. Luckily I have until the end of July!
I HATE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE.
I'm done now, thank you...
By the way, the bad smell is a leaking valve cover gasket. Nice, huh?

No comments: