Friday, June 8, 2007

Well, Ben and Greg are off!!

So, this is Lisa and it's my first blog ever, so bear with me...
In case any of you didn't know, the kids were invited by my two sisters and brother-in-law to visit them in Las Vegas. However, they are not just staying in Vegas...they have a whole great big awesome trip planned. So we decided it would only work out to send Ben and Greg, on their own, never been on a plane...yes we are crazy.

So I took them to the airport last night, checked them in, went through security without any probs, got to the gate and waited...and the whole time Greg NEVER STOPPED talking!!!! They were both pretty excited but I think both nervous too. Ben didn't eat much supper and was unusally quiet at the airport, and, as I mentioned, Greg never shut up.
They arrived in Vegas last night, June 7th, at 12:15am our time, 10:15pm their time, where Jennifer, Scott, and Kim picked them up and got in the car to drive to San Diego. According to Jennifer's plan, they will be getting up early to go to the beach, then on to Sea World for the day. Then they will drive to Anaheim tonight and go to Disneyland on Saturday. Then back to Vegas for some gambling, poker nights...ok not really....I hope! I think they will be doing some swimming and lounging, enjoying their break from the daily hassles of being the big brothers. I know Ben is really going to miss taking out the trash on Tuesday. It's his favorite thing to do (not really. in fact, when he was 4 or 5, he said there were two jobs he would never do...be in the circus and be a trashman! :-)

So anyway, they called when they arrived in Vegas and the flight attendant said they were very well behaved, and apparently a passenger who sat behind them said they were the best behaved kids they've ever seen on a flight. Hmmmmm, not sure who's kids they are really talking about, but if it really is Ben and Greg, I'm very proud. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that we put the fear of god into them if they misbehaved on the plane! I think we may have mentioned being arrested in Las Vegas for disturbing the peace on the plane, etc., etc.

Well, we will put up pics when they get back next week. Alex and Ellie are yelling at me right now so I better go.
Lisa

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hope you're enjoying some "quiet time" with just you and the little ones today! We'll talk soon! Love,CC