Thursday, June 21, 2007

They're Back












So, the two knuckleheads are back from their tour of the lower west coast. Sea World, Disneyland, Las Vegas, San Diego Beach and not to forget Hotel De' Butler. Scot and Jennifer have decided after spending a week with Ben and Greg, that maybe "Rent-a-Kid" is the way to go. Scot is going to have a vasectomy and Jennifer is going to have here tubes tied. Just to be sure they are still going to use birth control. O.K., O.K. As Alex would say, "I am just kidding".


To be honest I don't know who had more fun. Scot, Jennifer and Kim, or Ben and Greg. I will never be able to thank the Butlers and Ms. Block enough for taking my two oldest sons on the trip of a lifetime. That is something they will never forget. 1. They flew on an airplane for the very first time. 2. They swam in the ocean for the very first time. They went to Disneyland for the first time. Sea world etc. etc.. etc... I do not trust my children's care to very many people, especially not 2,000 miles away, but those three are exceptional people. Thank You.









(left) Is that David Hasselhoff





(right) That is definitely NOT David Hasselhoff


So we missed them quite a bit. I didn't realize how much I liked having them around until they were gone. Alex went through withdrawals. I was gone as well for 3 days in Chicago on business. Lisa didn't know what to do. Its O.K. though, Lisa had Sportacus to keep her safe. I am awfully proud of my boys. They may be knuckleheads but they are OUR knuckleheads and I wouldn't want them any other way. We were told that the Stewardess and people around them complimented about how "well behaved" and what "good boys" they were. Of course I instantly knew that they mixed up my boys with some other kids, but then I realized, they are good boys. So after Scot, Jennifer and Kimberly spoiled them rotten, we got'em back. They have changed a lot in just that short time. Ben now eats his salad with no dressing. Greg wants a motorcycle. They both are now excellent Texas Hold em players. (I am thinking of entering them in the World Series of Poker) Finally let me say that me and my boys are blessed to have such a great family, both on my side and Lisa's. Nana, Papa, Grandma Marry, Grandpa Pete, all the aunts and uncles love our kids so much it is exceptional. It is no secret that Ben and Greg were not born into the Block family, but you would never know it. I have never seen a family welcome someone elses children as their own as much as the Blocks do. Pete and Mary, you have raised some exceptional children who surround themselves with exceptional spouses.


All I can say is Thank You! I hope you all know how much I love you and how proud I am to be a part of this family.
(from left to right) Kim, Ben, Scot, Greg, Jennifer















2 comments:

Chris Block said...

The picture of Greg in the ocean is one of those pictures that you look at when you are having a bad day and can't help but smile and maybe even laugh outloud! Thank you both for keeping the website updated. The pictures are awesome!

Chris Block said...

That picture of Greg in the ocean is one of those pictures that you look at when you are having a bad day and it makes you smile - okay, or it makes you laugh out loud! I just love it! Thanks for the updates, and the pictures are so much fun to see!