Tuesday, June 12, 2007

They'll Be Home Soon!

Ok, so it's been 4 whole days without Ben and Greg, and as peaceful as it has been, we really do miss them, a LOT. I don't know what to do with myself, what with not running to baseball and soccer, helping with homework, etc., etc. And poor Alex, every time we get in the van, he asks if we are going to go get Ben and Greg. And he had a double whammy because Matt had to go to Chicago on a business trip from Sunday afternoon until today.

But from what I've heard, the boys are having a GREAT time! They have gone on roller coasters galore, seen some shows, gone swimming, watched cartoons...and the list goes on and on. Jennifer, Scott, and Kim are some pretty cool aunts and uncle. So when the boys get home, I suspect they are going to be awefully bored!

Next big exciting news...I am attempting to potty train Alex. He's doing really pretty well. No accidents today yet. He only had two accidents yesterday, our first day. He's kind of funny. If I ask him too often if he has to go, he pretends that he's sleeping. So I keep bugging him and he says, "SHHHHHHH mom I'm slee-eeeeeppinngggg!" Or he just says "no thanks mom". And sometimes, he just dribbles in the toilet and he says "oops, almost". If that's too much info, sorry, but it's pretty cute when he says it. So anyway, that's what's up with Alex right now.
Ellie is starting to try to crawl and pull herself up, but she just can't quite get it. I'm sure it'll happen all too soon. I'm perfectly fine with putting her on the floor to play and being able to find her in the generally same spot if I step away. And she fake laughs when we fake laugh at her. And she's eating cheerios and fruit loops all the time now...LOVES them. Drinking out of a sippy cup sometimes. She's growing up so fast!

And as for me, well, I'm pretty proud of myself right now. I painted the front door and replaced the dead bold and door knob all by myself while Matt was gone...and yes it all works! It took me forever, but I got it done! I'm not sure if I like the color yet or not. The house is gray, and the door was hunter green (well it used to be hunter green, but it was so splotchy and sun faded) so I painted it a really dark gray.

So, I think that is all for now. Again, I'll post pics from the boys' vacation when I get them.
Love to you all,
Lisa

No comments: