Monday, September 29, 2008

To Let Them, or NOT to Let Them...That is THE Question...and more!

So, apparently, my living in denial that my children NEED to use the internet has to go by the wayside. They have reports to write, and the internet is the ONLY place they can go to find the information that they NEED to write said report. Hm, well, not really, but it is the most CONVENIENT place! We all know about the evil that lurks on this wonderful resource we call the world wide web. However, I guess I am willing to risk their internet safety in lieu of making ONE MORE TRIP to the library. What a good mother I am.


However, they have been taught extensively about the dangers of surfing the net...but will they listen? Yes, we do have the parental block capability...ask me if I know how to use it though!?!? Actually, I think that I do have something on here, just not sure how good it is. I better get that up and running, huh?!


Very exciting news by the way...little miss thing FINALLY learned how to jump! Yeah! It's quite possibly the cutest little thing too. She's very excited about it too.


And Alex is getting rave reviews about his behavior at school. My little angel offers to help clean up, and has been taking naps, and follows directions very well. Actually I think they have him confused with some other little boy named Alex, because he certainly doesn't act like this at home!


Had a busy but fun weekend. It was Homecoming for the Englewood Packers! The day started at 6:00AM with decorating floats and vehicles for the parade, and then the parade started at 7:15. Threw in a soccer game for Greg at 9:00, and then came Ben's big game at noon...and they lost...big time. Oh well, Ben played very well. Had fun with Nana and Papa here to watch the big Nebraska game, and then did a whole lot of NOTHING on Sunday!


Sidenote...I need to get my fall decor out. I think I may go do that now. Kids are in bed. Although Ben put in a request for some clean football game pants for tomorrow, so I better get some laundry going first...pain in my a$$!!! However, the fact that he asked for his pants to be washed almost put me over the moon with excitement (he's worn the same dirty practice pants for about 8 days now...hey, he's in 6th grade...he can be resposible for getting his dirty, stinky, smelly, nasty practice pants into the wash! They are not allowed in my house, so he can get them as nasty as he wants!)
Well, that's about all I have for tonight. I shall leave you with a joke, straight from the mouth of Alex (who got it from the Backyardigans...gotta give credit where credit is due)..."Why did the chicken cross the playground?...to get to the other SLIDE!" HA HA HA HA HA
Gotta go wash those pants now...
Love ya
Lisa

1 comment:

Amelia and Aaron's Mom said...

We are also big Backyardigan fans here Lisa...remember in college when we knew which bars had what drink specials on which night...now we know which cartoons are more "educational" for our children to watch!! Where does the time go? By the way...way to go Ellie on the jumping!! Amelia is big into somersaults now...no injuries yet!!