Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Big, Hot News!!


Alex, my little Alex...lost his first tooth (a few days ago, I'm a little behind)!!! It was a long time coming though! The thing has been loose for like 6 months!! OK, maybe not quite THAT long, but it seems like it. I finally had to pull it out because he wouldn't do it, and it was just hanging on by a...well, anyway, I just grossed myself out so I won't say it. But you get the picture. He was not terribly thrilled with me, as I pulled it when he least expected it. He was engrossed in watching Spongebob, and I told him I just needed to check it and see how loose it was. Gave it a yank, and out it came! Ew.







In fact, as you can see, his new tooth is already growing in! It was already coming in behind the old tooth! That couldn't have felt very good, but he never complained, so I had no idea.




So he got $1.25 from the tooth fairy. Is that a good rate these days, or is my tooth fairy cheap!?!? Oh well, he was happy that he got "one dollar and one coin"! He went and woke everyone up to show them. Ben and Greg were not impressed...




Ok, new funny Alex story...our church has children's bulletins, and at the end of mass, before the priest walks out, he is supposed to call the little kids up to the front to get one. Well, he forgot today, so he was handing them out as he walked out. The priest saw Alex and handed him a bulletin, which has word puzzles, mazes, etc. So we get into the van and Alex tells me "mom, these games are going to be really easy!" And I said "what games, Alex"? And Alex says "the games that GOD handed me today"! HA HA HA HA HA!

Well, I think that's all for now. I'm going to go bake some M&M cookies. Aunt Bonnie's recipe out of the Remsen cookbook. I just found it a few weeks ago, and it is WONDERFUL! Best cookies I've ever made. I'm sure they are not quite as good as Bonnie would make them, but they don't last too long around here, so they must not be too bad! Thanks Bonnie. I'm addicted. Seriously, have a problem. I've got ten cookies hanging out on my left hip, seven cookies on my right hip, seventeen on my stomach...I seriously even made a special trip to Hy-Vee one week to specifically get M&M's and butter flavored Crisco. That's a PROBLEM...but a tasty one!!!

Love ya,

Lisa

No comments: