Thursday, January 10, 2008

Alex...Does He Know Me or What!??!


Ok, so this won't sound as funny with me writing it as if you had actually heard it, but for those of you who know Alex (he's 3-1/2) and know how he speaks and inflects his voice, you might be able to hear him saying this in your head. So here's how the conversation went this morning...


I was changing Alex into his clothes, and yes, he still wears Pull-Ups to bed because, well, I don't want to have any more laundry to do than I already have. HOWEVER, he pretty much is dry every morning, so as I was taking off his dry pull-up this morning, I said, "Yeah Alex, your nighttime underwear is dry! Do you think it's time to start wearing these regular underwear to bed?" To which he replied, "Noooo moooommmmm. I can't wear these to bed!" "Why not?" I said. "Because I can't go to sleep!" So I said, "Well, but Alex, you don't pee your pants anymore, right?" "NOOOOOOO", he said, and as he raises his hand and points his finger in my face, he says, "That makes you verrryy Grumpy!" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (I'm laughing in case you can't tell). It was soooo funny the way he said it, just very matter-of-fact, and he had his head turned and was kind of looking at me out of the corner of his eye. Funny stuff, for me anyway!


So that was my entertainment for this morning. He always cracks me up though. Yesterday, we got into the van and it was pretty cold. He told me that the van was too cold and so we needed to get a new one. "A new one!?", I said. He said "Yes, we need to pick up a new white car." WHAT?!?
And when our house gets too messy, (thanks to all of his toys of course), he tells me that we need to get a new house too! And when we are driving, he lets me know when the light is red or green, and if he sees a red light and thinks I'm not going to stop, he yells at me "Oh Mom, Mom, the light is RE-ED and it's not YOUR turn!"
Well, I could go on forever quoting things Alex says that make us laugh, but I'll let you go for now.
Lisa

1 comment:

Jennifer Sue said...

Hilarious! I can totally hear him saying that! Thanks for the update. I love it! It makes me laugh too!